Happy New Year!
PyScripter 3.6.0 is now available at Sourceforge. There is a range of important new features and bug fixes in this release:
- Much faster Remote Engine using asynchronous Windows named pipes if pywin32 is available.
- IDE option to force the use of sockets for connection to the Python server now defaults to False.
- Enhancements to the SSH Engine – now compatible with PuTTY.
- Execute system commands in the interpreter with !. Supports parameter substitution.
- Clickable status panels with Python version and engine type.
- Text drag & drop between PyScripter and other applications #554
- Triple-click selects line and Quadraple-click selects all
- Double-click drag selects whole words – triple-click drag selects whole lines
- Consistent syntax color themes accross supported languages #855
- New IDE option “Trim trailing spaces when saving files” #667
- New IDE Option ‘Step into open files only’. Defaults to False. #510